top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I pay a parking citation?

A: Parking fines can be remitted to the police department by simply using the citation envelope and depositing it in the water department dropbox behind city hall, or in person at the police department lobby.

Q: How can I obtain applicant fingerprinting services for a licensing requirement?

A: Typically this is arranged during weekdays between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM. It is recommended you call in advance to ensure that an officer is available to assist you. A fee of $20.00 is required.

Q: How do I apply for a special event or street closing permit?

A: Applications are available at the front counter at City Hall. Fees may apply if city services or equipment are required.


Q: How can I remove a tenant from my rental property?

A: Speak with a clerk at the North Lee Court House in Fort Madison to be advised on the eviction process. Eviction papers can be found on

Q: Where can I locate the Fort Madison City Ordinance?

A: Click here for the ordinance website.

bottom of page